A message from the Mayor:
In light of the emerging concerns within our community, regarding the city’s growth and future developments, I would like to share the following information with the residents of the City of Doral:
- The City of Doral is a growing, vibrant, and dynamic city. As such, the City Council and I have been working diligently to ensure that Doral continues to grow in a calculated, intelligent, and responsible manner. Our Planning & Zoning staff is second to none, and their sole focus is to ensure that the city’s growth and development is structured in the most beneficial way for our community.
- The developments that can be seen throughout the city today have been approved, planned, and prepared for, over the past few years. The City of Doral has been anticipating the growth that we are experiencing today.
- Doral’s population is expected to continue to grow. In that light, I want to assure you that our schools are also prepared to receive the influx of students that comes along with population growth. I have met with our School Board representative, Susie Castillo, to discuss the city’s growth, the impact on our schools, and the School Board’s plan to prepare our schools for a new wave of students in the near future.
- Several of our schools are in the process of expanding in order to accommodate more students:
- John I. Smith K-8 has merged with what was formerly known as Doral Middle School to provide more space for the students of these institutions.
- Divine Savior Academy (private): 108,000sq/ft. High School expansion
(Ready for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Doral Academy (charter): Currently in the process to begin an expansion
- The City of Doral is also projecting three (3) new schools in the near future:
- A Charter School on NW 104th Avenue & NW 67th Street
- A Public/Charter K-8 school is set to be built in Downtown Doral
- 8 acres on approximately NW 114th Avenue & NW 90th Street are budgeted for a new school.
- I hope that this information has been useful for our residents to help ease their concerns regarding the city’s growth. The City of Doral is a strong and prosperous city, and we will continue to work to make Doral the premier city to live, work, learn, and play.
Mayor Luigi Boria
The Recuset Team is with RE/MAX Premier Associates. Richard Recuset is a REALTOR®, team leader, Short Sale Agent, Listing Marketing Specialist,Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), Certified Internet Professional, Resort & Second Home Property Specialist, and an Accredited Commercial Professional (ACP), serving the City of Doral, Fl., and surrounding areas.
When you hire The Recuset team for your real estate needs, you not only get highly qualified professionals on your side, but also access to information, markets, technology and a team of experts from around the world.
You also tap into a global network with vast experience in residential and commercial real estate. That network comprises thousands of dedicated individuals, all with just one thing in mind: producing the best possible results for our clients.
*Nothing in this article is intended to solicit listings currently under contract with another broker. This article offers no legal or tax advise and is for information purposes only.