5 Steps for a Successful Short Sale
Lenders and the federal government, prompted by the sheer volume of loan modification and short sale requests, have overhauled their systems and programs, making the foreclosure avoidance process much easier than in the past.
If you are considering short selling your home to avoid the financial and emotional fallout of foreclosure, you should be aware of the five steps you should take to increase your chances of a successful transaction.
First, do you qualify?
- Have a verifiable hardship, like unemployment, medical bills, or relocation
- Must have a monthly income shortfall
- Be insolvent (you have no cash or assets that can be sold to pay down the mortgage), or headed towards insolvency
If you meet these qualifications, follow these five steps to a successful short sale:
- Contact me so we can identify your servicer, fill out a short sale packet for the lender, and assemble all the required information needed to list your home for sale
- Gather financial information (i.e., bank statements, pay stubs) from at least the last three months
- Keep your house in showcase condition for showings, and make as many repairs as necessary and that you can afford
- Expect the lender, junior lien holders, and private insurance companies to request more paperwork, and try to gather requested information quickly to ensure transaction efficiency
- Set realistic expectations and work with me, the lender, and the buyer to the satisfaction and benefit of all parties involved
For more information about how the short sale process works, or about any other foreclosure alternatives you may qualify for, call me today. I can help you alleviate the burden that the threat of foreclosure brings, and we can develop a strategy to help you breathe a little easier.
In Doral at this time there are only 40 properties (single family & condo’s) listed as available for sale. A big difference from almost three years ago with about 500 short sale listings listed at any given time.
There are 67 recorded short sales in Doral year to date, prices range from $69,300 – $650,000. So as you can see, we have tamed the distressed property monster in Doral.
*Data Source-Miami Board of Realtors.
IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT DISCLOSURE: You may stop doing business with us at any time. You may accept or reject the offer of mortgage assistance we obtain from your lender (or servicer). If you reject the offer, you will not have to pay us for our services. The above brokerage is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan.
teamDoral is a RE/MAX Premier Associates Group. Richard Recuset is a REALTOR®, team leader, Short Sale Agent, Listing Marketing Specialist,Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), Certified Internet Professional, and an Accredited Commercial Professional (ACP), serving the City of Doral, Fl., and surrounding areas.
When you hire team-DORAL for your real estate needs, you not only get highly qualified professionals on your side, but also access to information, markets, technology and a team of experts from around the world.
You also tap into a global network with vast experience in residential and commercial real estate. That network comprises thousands of dedicated individuals, all with just one thing in mind: producing the best possible results for our clients.
*Nothing in this article is intended to solicit listings currently under contract with another broker. This article offers no legal or tax advise and is for information purposes only.
10728 NW 58 ST, Doral, Fl 33178